Representing the interests of residents in Brampton Ward 2
|Who are we?|
- §Be a city with small town flavor
- §Have safe & friendly neighbourhoods
- §Share a strong partnership between residents and city
- §Provide residents with simple & easy access to city services
UPDATE: October 29, 2009
Public Input provided at OMB Hearing
Yesterday, Wednesday, October 28th, 10 residents and 2 participants provided their statements to the OMB Chair. Many residents turned out to listen to the proceedings in a show of support. On behalf of the Task Force, our thanks to those who spoke and for Residents continued support.
Now all we can do is wait. It is expected that the Hearing will end by December and that a decision will be rendered 4-8 months later.
UPDATE: October 21, 2009
OMB Hearing Provides for some limited Public Input
Next Wednesday, October 28th from 6pm to 7pm, the OMB will provide an opportunity for some Residents to provide feedback via a speaking opportunity. We encourage all interested Residents to attend the City's public meeting on Tuesday October 27th, 7pm at Loafers Lake Recreation Centre. This meeting will provide information on the OMB session the next day. If you are interested in this process, we also suggest that you attend the OMB session on the 28th. It will be located at the Provincial Courthouse on Ray Lawson Blvd, in Brampton, Courtroom B6 on the second floor. For the most up to date information, check your locale editions of the Brampton Guardian.
August 10, 2009
Council Rejects Revised Proposal
Folks, just found out this news today. We've been in an information blackout and only by continuing to ask what is going on over the last few months have we been able to get this latest info. We are confused as to why we were not notified of this sooner.
It seems that the OMB Mediation was unsuccessful so the Developers submitted a revised Proposal on July 23rd to the City. The revision stated a reduction in the number of Units to 792, however, maintaining the 6 towers as well as a 7-storey commercial building, 42 live/work units and a parkland dedication of 1.42 acres. The Proposal went to Council last week where it was not approved.
Please see attachments below for more information:
We will provide a briefing on this report at our next NWBCDA Meeting on Tuesday September 8th, 7:00pm at Loafers Lake Recreation Centre, Main Hall.
Bottom Line: Developers are still moving forward to the OMB with the revised proposal. OMB Hearing is set to commence October 5, 2009 for six weeks.
UPDATE: July 10, 2009
OMB Mediation still on-going!
Sorry for the long delay in updates. The OMB has set a date in October to commence the Hearing. However, during the last few months, the Developer and the City have met with the OMB for Mediation, to see if some compromise or other solution can be found. Mediation Hearings are private and are not open to the public. The Task Force was not invited to participate in the Mediation Process. We have been in constant communications with the City's Legal Representatives and Planning Department and as of today's date, no information has been released yet regarding the outcome of any Mediation. We are getting no answers to our questions and we are being told that no information can be released until this Process is completed.
This has been on-going for over 3 months and we still do not have any information to report. We hope to have some updated news by our September NWBCDA Meeting so please look for the meeting email in late August. We share your frustration from the lack of response and the information blackout.
UPDATE: January 1, 2009
OMB Hearing Delayed!!
In December, the Developers asked the OMB for an adjournment (delay) in the proceedings to sort out their traffic experts. They also asked for OMB Mediation to discuss alternatives.
This has been granted by the OMB. What this means is that the earliest a Hearing could start (should the Developers choose to proceed with the Appeal) would be late Summer/Fall of 2009.
The Task Force is hoping to participate in the Mediation discussions but we may not be able too.
With all this in mind, we have extended the deadline for Survey Responses to March 31, 2009. If you have not sent in your Survey Response, please do so before this date.
Check out their website at www.friendsofheartlake.ca for more information!