WHAT to donate Trash2Treasure accepts ANY usable item you don’t want. Just make sure it’s clean — and it isn't BROKEN.
- athletic equipment (skis, baseballs, tennis rackets)
- light fixtures
- appliances (coffee makers, irons)
- electronics (TVs, CD players, printers, game systems)
- cleaning supplies
- bags (purses, backpacks)
- bed risers
- plastic storage containers
- school supplies (books, notebooks)
- kitchen supplies (cooking utensils, pots & pans, silverware, dishes)
- room decorations (posters)
Remember, these are only examples. If you don’t want it, chances are someone else will!
We will also be collecting:
- NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS to be donated to The Greater Boston Food Bank
- CLOTHING to be donated to Cradles to Crayons, Boomerangs, and St. Vincent de Paul Church
WHAT NOT to donate Please no:
- bedding & towels - the MSPCA is always looking for these gently used items to help with orphan animals (wishlist & contact information)
- electronics that contain personal information - Best Buy will accept electronics regardless of where they were purchased (list of items and locations)
- undergarments and socks
- anything BROKEN aka garbage
If you have something that is broken and are not sure if it can be recycled on campus, please call Facilities at x2757
If it CANNOT be taken care of by Northeastern, please consider visiting Earth911.com to find a place near you that can properly dispose of your items.