A page of the Numeropedia - the Special Encyclopedia of Numbers
... In Arithmetic, 1+1 = 2, in Computer Science, 1+1 = 0, but in Love, 1+1 = 1!
NUMBERS in Mathematics and Literature
* Fine poetry is the music of mathematics. Numbers singing.
* It is true that, a mathematician, who is not somewhat of a poet, will never be a perfect mathematician. (Weierstrass)
* Mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn’t there. (Charles Darwin).
* God exists because Arithmetic is consistent. The Devil exists because we can’t prove it! (Hermann Weyl)
* If you have the same ideas as everybody else but have them one week earlier, you will be hailed as a visionary. But if you have them five years earlier, you will be named a lunatic.
* [In physical science…], when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind. (Lord Kevin, 1883)
A 20-word sentence consisting of words in increasing number of letters from 1 to 20.