- Sarah and Jennifer Wolfson decided to create a chapter of Campus Climate Challenge, known as the Husky Energy Action Team (HEAT). Students for Environmental Action (SEA) helped them get started.
- First registered as a Law School student group.
- February: Recognized as official undergraduate student group.
- Spring semester: launched petition drive, encouraging the newly appointed President Aoun to sign onto the Presidents Climate Commitment.
- March: Hosted the first Do it in the Dark competition with Facilities, Residential Life Services, and nearly 20 other student groups. All residence halls reduced their overall energy consumption.
- June: With over 5,000 petitions signatures, President Aoun signed the Presidents Climate Commitment.
- Formed friendships with Solar Fenway and MYCA.
- Renewable Energy Fund was first included on the September tuition
- Do it in the Dark keynote speaker Bill Nye the Science Guy
- Northeastern's first ever Sustainability Manager is hired because of the PCC
- Trash2Treasure was first initiated and raised over $3,000 for Alternatives for Community and Environment
- Acquired garden plot in the Fenway Victory Garden
- Climate Action Plan announced by Director of Sustainability
- Petition drive assisted with the preservation of Whispering Hill Woods on Northeastern's Burlington campus
- Do it in the Dark: hosted 6 events and saved 282.8 Btu of electricity
- Hosted a 10/10/10 work day of action, inspired by 350.org
- Members participated in high school training for Alliance for Climate Education
- Acquired the Poland Springs Green Team at Fenway Park
- Alicia Silverstone spoke about the joys of veganism and living simply
- Push for a more comprehensive recycling program produces over 2,000 signatures of student support, a Sense of the Senate Resolution from first year SGA Senator, and concrete plans to improve recycling.