JTrana: A Java-based NS2 Wireless Trace Analyzer
Hengheng Qian (M.S., now working in CICC China)
Weiwei Fang (Ph.D., now working in BJTU China)
Sino-German Joint Software Institute, Beihang University, Beijing, P.R.China.
IMPORTANT: The authors of JTrana are busy with their work, please try to solve your problem by yourself.
You can use it to analyse the NS2 wireless simulation traces. The format of the trace can be found from here: http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/index.php/NS-2_Trace_Formats
Input: NS2 wireless Trace (old/new)
Output: Graph or Data-Txt (Plot the data with your own tools, e.g.GNUPLOT)
Procedure: trace -> jTrana -> MySQL database -> jTrana -> Output
What can jTrana do?
- Network related: Overall information, Energy remained for the whole network, Packet statistics.
- Nodes Related: Current selected node info, packets id, throughput, energy, sequence number, delay, RTT, Movement
- Custom function: Get the data from the MySQL database using SQL-like script and get the results.
Compare with Tracegraph
Custom Analyse Command -- Output: Table
Custom Analyse Command -- Output: Graph
The zipfile contains source code. The code is distributed under the GN
U General Public License.
Download JTrana on Sourceforge
- Make sure that you install the MySQL database and Java Environment (JDK 1.4 or above).
- Create a user for using MySQL. (You can use "root" with the passwd when configuring MySQL after installation, that's the easiest way)
- The user must can operate on "test" schema in MySQL.
- Run the application from the decompressed folds: run.bat
- Input the MySQL user name and password to create tables to analyse the trace
- How to use the custom function (You want get some specific results for yourself):
# Save it as CBRID.sql and import it form menu->Extend->Excute SQL Script.
#diplay packet id changes of cbr traffic at node 0 in the file named 694demo_AODV_all.tr
//the format of the sql file is:
//whether draw a chart(Y for chart/N for table)
Packet ID changes of CBR at node 0
select Time,EI from old_wireless_tr where Event='s' and PT='cbr' and TN='MAC' and NI=0 order by Time