RECENT E*NEWS: June 24, 2014
HELLO FELLOW TITANS!
Northview PTSA Wishes You a Fun Summer!
Georgia PTA Youth Summit
July 11-12, 2014
Register by 6/25, $25.00
Georgia International Convention Center
Students Age 12-17 May Attend
The purpose of the Youth Summit is to prepare our young leaders for tomorrow. We will offer workshop activities, discussion panels and keynote speakers just to name a few.
The focus topics will be centered around:
- Healthy Lifestyles of Adolescents
- How to be Strong Advocates
- The 4 Pillars of Learning: Leadership, Education, Accountability and Dedication
Awards Banquet Dinner Ticket:
Banquet tickets are limited to one ticket per student, and Youth Summit registration is required.
Mail-In Registration Form
More Detailed Information
Latin American Association
Deferred Action Parent Info Session/Forum
Saturday, 6/28, @ 1:00 pm
Latin American Assoc., 2750 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Need More Info?
Mariana Maneiro, 404-638-1832
President Obama announced the launch of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) in June 2012, a deportation deferral program for eligible individuals who had been brought to the US as children. The program is renewable every two years. to assist parents with this process, the Latin American Association and the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Atlanta Field Office is presenting a community forum that addresses the requirements for DACA renewal and initial filing. The forum is free and open to the public. For more details click on the following link: Deferred Action Parent Information.
Many Thanks from the 2013-2014 PTSA Board
The PTSA Board of 2013-2014 would like to thank all of the volunteers that have helped us run the numerous programs and events that we sponsor each school year. We all volunteer to benefit our students' lives and it is so rewarding to see our efforts come to fruition. Stay tuned over the summer to find out how you can be involved with PTSA. We also want to thank all our PTSA Members who helped finance all that we did this year - enabling us to do so much including, providing Northview HS with over $10,000 worth of equipment and technology for the classrooms, providing hospitality for school events to honor our staff and students and bringing Georgia Shakespeare to all our students. We hope to be as successful next year with your help! Have a safe and happy summer!
PTSA Needs Parent Volunteers for 2014-15
We have something for everyone!
MEMBERSHIP - contact Kathey Rios
- Membership - Sell PTSA Memberships and keep records
- Student Directory - Compile student & school data into student directory. Organize and oversee distribution of completed directories
- Directory Advertising - Sell ad space in the Directory to subsidize the cost of printing
STUDENT ENRICHMENT – contact Avantika Bhatnaga or Benicia Ammons
- Reflections – Coordinate this amazing annual National PTA arts competition for our students. Encourage them to participate, manage judging and monitor progress to the District, State and National levels.
- Health & Safety/Teen Driving - This committee organizes programs relating to health and safety, as well as teen driving. These programs are presented to both parents and students
- Blood Drive - This committee is solely responsible for coordinating volunteers through VolunteerSpot. Northview’s Student Council sets up a date with the Red Cross to come out for the blood drive. We have the blood drive twice during the school year.
HOSPITALITY – contact Meg Schechter or Laura Everett
- Newcomers/Other Events – Organize welcome breakfast for our newcomers/other
- Coffee Cart – Organize several early morning ‘treats’ for our wonderful staff to give them a boost before the school bell rings for first period
- Staff Appreciation – Show the staff our appreciation for all they do for our children. This includes occasional lunches and/or surprises in their mailbox. In addition, organize Staff Appreciation Week in May
- Honors Night – Host a reception for students who are honored this evening in May
ADVOCACY – contact Julie Lynch
- Legislative Chair - Responsible for communicating legislative issues concerning our community and school using information supplied by Georgia PTA
PTSA ADMIN – contact Madelin Rivera
- Nominating Committee Chair – Coordinate the recruitment of the 2015-16 PTSA Board from Feb to April 2015.
"The World Would be a Better Place If..."
Summer is a great time to show your talent through Reflections. For rules and requirements, please go to the Georgia PTA
link, and click on the Reflections link. We are very proud of all of those who took part last year. We had an artist that moved up to the Nationals. Let us try to continue the trend in 2014-2015.
The entry categories are:
- Dance Choreography
- Visual Arts
- Music Composition,
- Film Production,
Safe America Driver Education ClassesSafe America and WSB-TV are partnering to offer parents/students a dramatically reduced cost on full driver education classes, during the summer months only.
The attached flyer will provide information to students and parents who are interested in taking a comprehensive, State-certified driving program. The Safe America Foundation is a 501 ( c ) 3, non-profit foundation that provides drivers education for all teens with limited scholarships for those who qualify based on need.
Northview High School PTSA Calendar