* * * By taking part in any NJRS activity you are automatically agreeing to adhere to the NJRS code of conduct. * * *
Members of NJRS are defined as any athlete, coach, parent or official.
Membership in the Northland Junior Race Series is a privilege, not a right. All NJRS members (athletes, coaches, officials and paraent) when participating in any NJRS activity must agree to conduct themselves according to NJRS’s core values of Team, Loyalty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, and Accountability and abide by the spirit and dictates of this Code of Conduct. All members must agree to comport themselves in a sportsmanlike manner, and are responsible for their actions while attending or participating in any type of NJRS activity.
Sportsmanlike conduct is defined as, but is not limited to: respect for competition officials, resort employees, and the skiing and snowboarding public, respect for facilities, privileges and operating procedures, the use of courtesy and good manners, acting responsibly and maturely, refraining from the use of profane or abusive language, and abstinence from illegal or immoderate use of alcohol and use of illegal or banned drugs.
While participating in any NJRS activity:
1. NJRS members shall conduct themselves at all times and in all places as befits worthy representatives of the NJRS and their club and in accordance with the best traditions of competition.
2. NJRS members are responsible for knowledge of and adherence to rules and procedures.
3. NJRS members shall maintain high standards of moral and ethical conduct, which includes self-control and responsible behavior, consideration for the physical and emotional well-being of others, and courtesy and good manners.
4. NJRS members shall abide by NJRS rules and procedures while traveling to and from and participating in official NJRS activities.
5. NJRS members shall abstain from illegal and/or immoderate consumption of alcohol. Absolutely no consumption of alcohol is permitted for those individuals under the age of 21. Members under 21 years of age shall not participate in gatherings involving consumption of alcohol unless it is an official NJRS or event organizer function.
6. No NJRS member shall commit a criminal act.
7. No NJRS member shall engage in any conduct that could be perceived as harassment based upon gender, age, race, religion or disability.
8. NJRS members will avoid profane or abusive language and disruptive behavior.
Failure to comply with any of the above provisions may lead to disciplinary action by the appropriate team, competition leader, or NJRS offical. Disciplinary action may include but is not limited to:
- Removal from the race or event.
- Suspension from competition.
- Elimination of coaching and other benefits.
- Being banned permanently from NJRS activities.
NJRS is committed to principles of fairness and equal opportunity. Members are entitled to be treated fairly and in compliance with NJRS’s Bylaws, policies and procedures.Nothing in this Code shall be deemed to restrict the individual freedom of a NJRS member in matters not involving activities in which one could not be perceived as representing NJRS. In choices of appearance, lifestyle, behavior and speech while not representing NJRS, competitors shall have complete freedom, provided their statements and actions do not adversely affect the name and reputation of the NJRS. However, in those events where one is representing or could be perceived as representing NJRS, NJRS demands that its members understand and agree to behave in a manner consistent with the best traditions of sportsmanship and NJRS’s core values.