These are the official Bylaws of NORTANA.
Article I (Members)
1. Individuals in North America in the field of Norwegian studies shall be regarded as members in good standing of NORTANA upon the payment of membership dues.
2. All members in good standing shall be entitled to vote on each matter submitted to a vote of the members.
3. The Secretary shall maintain an updated membership roster of NORTANA.
Article II (Officers)
Amended Dec 2010
1. NORTANA shall be managed by an Executive Committee consisting of five members to be elected by the membership every three years.
2. The members of the executive committee shall be elected by the membership at large for a term of three years. In the event of an interim vacancy, or of a committee member’s inability to fulfill the responsibilities of office, the committee is empowered to appoint a replacement for the unexpired portion of the term.
3. The Executive Committee shall elect from its own body a president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer. The Executive Committee shall appoint a Newsletter Editor who may or may not be an elected member of the Executive Committee. When the appointed Newsletter Editor is a person outside the Executive Committee, the Newsletter Editor shall become an ex-officio member of the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee shall appoint a Webmaster who may be an elected member of the Executive Committee or an ex-officio appointment. The Executive Committee shall appoint a Bjørn Jensen Apartment Coordinator who may be an elected member of the Executive Committee or an ex-officio appointment.
Article III (Meetings)