Health Related Components:
Those factors that are related to how well the systems of your body work
- Cardiovascular Fitness: The ability of the circulatory
system (heart and blood vessels) to supply oxygen to working muscles during
- Body Composition: The relative percentage of body fat
compared to lean body mass (muscle, bone, water, etc)
- Flexibility: The range of movement possible at various
- Muscular strength: The amount of force that can be produced
by a single contraction of a muscle
- Muscular endurance: The ability of a muscle group to
continue muscle movement over a length of time.
Skill Related Components: Those aspects of fitness which
form the basis for successful sports participation.
- Speed: The ability to move quickly from one point to another
- Agility: The ability of the body to change direction quickly
- Balance: The ability to maintain an upright posture while
still or moving
- Coordination: Integration with hand and/or foot movements
with the input of the senses.
- Reaction Time: Amount of time it takes to get moving.
- Power: The ability to do strength work at an explosive pace.