Exploring and Extracting Phonebook, SMS, Calendar and Everything from Nokia PC Suite
Noki is a utility to explore and extract Phone book, SMS, Calendar, Memo, Bookmark and other user files from the backup file of Nokia phone (using Nokia PC Suite).
" With Noki you can just use your data the way you want. " - review by 3d2f.com
The Noki-extracted info can be saved in text, Excel .xls, .csv or Html file which is much accessible than the original binary format (.nfc, .nfb or .nbu). Other files extracted (3gp, image, photo, mp3, mp4 etc) will remain their original format.
"Good, simple program. Just the sort of thing that Nokia should have done but didn't." - The Manager, Data To Documents, Australia
Check out what other customers think of Noki?
Tried Noki and wanna share your phone models? Check the tested model list .
View the release history .
Bookmark on del.icio.us .
Noki on download.com .
Security certified by Softpedia
"Softpedia guarantees that Noki 1.5 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. This software product was tested thoroughly and was found absolutely clean, therefore it can be installed with no concern by any computer user."
Noki v1.7 released on www.nokisoft.com
Noki v1.7 is ready with support for
This version is a major upgrade to v1.6 and is compatible with latest Nokia PC Suite v7.0. See what's new for details.
Using Noki to manage your backup file in a better way:
"Noki is worthy our 5 Stars Quality Award and was rated accordingly. The software rating goes through several phases and many factors are taken into consideration when testing: performance, ease of use, functionality and user feedback."
Thanks Renta Cezar - Senior Editor of www.filecluster.com
New model Nokia N82 tested with latest PC Suite 6.86.9. Thanks Antti Kurittu.
5-Stars Award from SoftArea51
"Noki has been reviewed by our editors and it received our 5 stars Rating Award. It's a remarkable product, best of breed in its class, raising above its competitors by the innovative approach."
Thanks Serge Constanza, senior editor of www.softarea51.com
2) outlook .csv phonebook for .nfb
"I heard of your development (to take care of problems with incompatibility that Nokia themselves cannot). And do you know from who....? From the Nokia support people!"
Thanks Mr. Richter from Sweden for this kindly note.
download25.com gives Noki a 5 stars award:
Great job, we're really impressed!"
1) Explorer and extractor for both phone book, sms, calendar, memo, bookmark and user files.
2) Tool tips for previewing info details (phone number, sms or memo's content, calendar descriptions etc).
3) Context sensitive menu with fully control over file format: convert, merge multiple files into a single text, Excel .xls, Html file or just extract without conversion.
4) Multiple selection via mouse or keyboard to extract only interested items.
5) A build-in bug reporter:
If Noki fails to read .nbu file, pressing Ctrl + F1 will generate a bug report (in trace.txt). You can email this small trace.txt to help to fix the bug.
6) Compatibility test with the latest version (6.5 to 6.85) of Nokia PC Suite.
Note: for old backup file format .nfb or .nfc, only phone book and short message conversion to text is available.
There're four types of backup file supported by Noki:
1. [Browse...] to open the backup file which you'd saved using Nokia PC Suite.
3.[Save As...] to convert phone book, SMS, calendar or memo to txt, xls or html file. The default name is 'current-date'; rename if necessary. Chose preferred file type in the type filter:
4. Click [Save] to start the conversion. The converted txt will be opened in Notepad if success.
Now the extracted text is ready for editing, saving, sharing and printing.
1.[Browse...] to open the backup file which you'd saved using Nokia PC Suite.
2. There'll be a directory tree slide down (on the left) to show the content. You can begin to explore: single click to show the thumbnails (on the right) for previewing, double click to extract or right click on selected file(s) to choose action from the popped menu, the menu may have actions like:
3. Image files (jpg, gif, png, bmp and ico) can be previewed in the thumbnail list left to the directory tree.
4. The hint bar is right above the directory tree :
to provide detailed information like opening or extracting progress, image file details, operation success or fail reason etc.
You can multi select interested items by hold-and-drag the mouse and right click to bring up the action menu. The popped menu is context sensitive - selecting different items might lead to different actions can performed:
Note: If you just want to get all text info (phonebook, sms, calendar and memo) in one shot, click [Save as...] button is much faster than multiple selection.
Noki is targeted to support all versions of PC Suite from v6.5 to v6.85. But it might fail due to the compatibility between different phone models and different versions of PC Suite - it's hard to perform a thorough test for all of them.
Please kindly send the failed backup file to me for further analysis and following information is preferred:
Though pc suite backup file format should not concern with phone models, the reality is that we have to test to make sure:
Please generously contribute to this list your phone model and pc suite version if you'd tried Noki.
copyright © 2007~2008 by Han Zhao, all rights reserved