At Jerry Day's popular smart meter video site on YouTube, he includes instructions on "No Consent" letters you can send to your utilities.
We have a No Consent form here for you convenient use.
1. Just click the "Attachments" at the bottom of this page and "Download" to your computer.
There is a full version and a shorter version. Use whichever one you prefer.
2. Print out and fill out one for each of the utilities that services your water, gas, and electricity (i.e., you may need to print out more than 1 copy), and send it to the chief officer (President/CEO/Gen'l Manager) and a street address, not a PO Box.
Also do NOT include your letter in your monthly bill.
For convenience, here are the addresses for:
Burbank Water & Power (BWP)
Attn: General Manager Ron Davis
163 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502-1720
Glendale Water & Power (GWP)
Attn: General Manager Glenn Steiger
141 N. Glendale Avenue
Glendale, CA 91206
Los Angeles Water & Power (LADWP)
Attn: General Manager Ronald Nichols
111 N. Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
The Gas Company (i.e., So Cal Gas)
Attn: President and CEO Michael Allman
555 W. 5th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Southern California Edison
Attn: President Ronald Litzinger
2244 Walnut Grove Avenue,
Rosemead, CA 91770
Pacific Gas & Electric Corp.3. To make more of an impact, make copies of your completed form and mail them to your elected reps serving your city (here in Burbank, that's our Mayor & City Council, Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich, as well as our state and U.S. legislators). Do this because your elected reps won't know that smart meters are a problem with their voters unless you inform them.
Attn: President Christopher Johns
One Market, Spear Tower
San Francisco, CA 94105-1126
San Diego Gas & Electric
Attn: President Michael Niggli
8326 Century Park Court
San Diego, CA 92123
4. Keep a copy of your signed form(s) for yourself, too.
5. Send your completed form to each of your utilities via certified mail, Jerry recommends.
(Do not enclose it with your utility bill.) You may also want to pay extra at the Post Office to get a Signature Confirmation card sent back to you, so you have a signature and additional proof that it was received and signed for.
6. Print out and share this form others, please, or tell them about this webpage so they can print it out and mail it (again, via certified mail and with signature confirmation).