New Mexico currently has 870Congratulations to 101 New NBCTs Class of 2012-13
Are You Board Certified?
New Mexico National Board Certified Teacher Network: Who we are and What we Do
The New Mexico national board Certified Teacher Network began in 2001 by a group of national Board Certified Teachers and other educational leaders. They envisioned working together to provide every teacher in New Mexico the best professional development through the national Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
The purpose of the network is to provide teachers in NM the opportunity to experience the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards professional development. They recruit teachers in the spring, establish and provide candidate support to teachers, provide National Board candidate support training, best practice workshops for pre-service teachers and teachers, advocacy opportunities during the legislature, and recruit other partnerships.
What does the Network Do?
- Advance the work of National Boards in New Mexico
- Recruit teachers each spring to experience the best professional development for their career
- Train NM NBCTs and other educators to be candidate support providers
- Support teacher candidates through the entire process of certification by providing a trained Candidate Support Provider in a small group setting on a regular basis
- Offer additional support to candidates by providing:
- One day Pre-Candidate session to begin the process
- Working weekend retreats with mini workshops and individualized consults
- Assessment Camp preparation
- Yearly Conference to network with teacher candidates and National Board Certified Teachers
- Organize and implement a yearly conference around national Boards
- Organize a yearly Celebration for New Mexico's newly National Board Certified Teachers
Our Network is now an
Affiliated Network of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards