The tours will be held on the Sundays listed below. The tours will be held every half hour between 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., with the last tour beginning at 2:30 p.m.
PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO PUBLIC.AFFAIRS@MWRD.ORG AND INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
· Preferred date
· Time preference (Please list a first and second preference for half hour slots.)
· Number of persons in your party
MWRD will contact you with a confirmation.
Sunday, June 7
Sunday, June 14
Sunday, June 28
Sunday, July 12
Sunday, July 19
Sunday, July 26
· Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the assigned tour time to register and sign a waiver.
· The address of the Thornton Quarry is 17041 S. Indiana Avenue (also called State Street), South Holland, IL 60473.
· Each bus tour will be limited to 30 persons only and the tour will take no longer than 30 minutes.
· Visitors must remain on the bus for all tours. No one will be allowed to exit the bus.
· Visitors who arrive late or without notice will be placed on a “Stand By” list and may be allowed to fill in any extra seats, should there be any.
Summer camp is FAST approaching. Make sure you turn in your permission slip to Mrs. Burke ASAP. There is tons of fun to be had. Don't miss out on this opportunity. Sign-up is through the Troop, but you can find more information on Rainbow Council's website: http://rsrcamp.wix.com/rsrsummercamp#!boy-scout-camp/c10d6.
Congratulations to our recent Eagle Scouts, including the following: Max Benedict, Ryan Gold, Shaun Johnson, Garrett Latham, Robert Mueller, Collin O'Donnell, Mike Sucharzewski, and Andrew Willson. Visit the Voice of the Eagle Page to see the full listing of Troop 49 Eagle Scouts. Well done gentlemen!
Check out Troop 49 Scouts in action in the camp skills relay broadcast on New Lenox local cable channel 6. Click the following link for the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6GfCShF7Ao&feature=youtu.be
Welcome to all our new scout families, whether you are crossing over from Cub Scouts or transferring over from another troop. We hope you find your experience rewarding and look forward to your participation.
Families interested in obtaining the FREE $200 v6x SAT/ACT PowerPrep™ Programs may order online at www.eknowledge.com/bsa or by calling 951-256-4076 951-256-4076 .
There is a fee of $13.84 (per standard program) which enables eKnowledge to provide technical and customer support, registration, licensure, processing, handling, and worldwide shipping. This nominal fee allows the sponsorship alliance to continue helping thousands of students each year.
Check out the winter camping tips provided in the attached documents. This is required reading for those attending the Klondike Derby!!
Do you know what you can be doing RIGHT NOW to prepare yourself for Eagle? Check out the Life to Eagle Guide prepared by one of council's veteran scouters. Parents should read this too.
That you can click the Links tab to the left and discover a wealth of information about scouting? Included are links to our own Rainbow council and the all important cyberscouter newsletter where you can read about upcoming council and district activities.