The workshop featured a number of accomplished invited keynote speakers from a wide range of disciplines, including:
- Jason Baldridge, co-founder and chief scientist, People Pattern
"Predict all the things! (And make sure they're right.)"
- Cristian Danescu-Niculescu-Mizil, Information Science, Cornell University
"Language norms and social dynamics"
- James Pennebaker, Psychology, University of Texas, Austin
"Understanding people's personalities and motivations by analyzing their words"
- Molly Roberts, Political Science, University of California, San Diego
"How the Chinese Government Fabricates Social Media Posts for Strategic Distraction, not Engaged Argument"
- Hanna Wallach, Microsoft Research / University of Massachusetts Amherst
"Interpretability and Measurement"