WOMEN'S WEEKEND DRAGON BOAT RETREAT
HOSTED by PATHWAYS TEAM SOS NJ
JUNE 17-19, 2011
Join Pathways TEAM SOS NJ for a dragon boat retreat weekend at a summer sleepover camp located in the Poconos, PA.
6-12 dragon boat paddling sessions scheduled with 1 or 2 video review sessions. All paddling is totally optional. Bring a friend and enjoy the natural setting to chill out and detach from the grind!
- Fee = $200 per camper
- Location = Sleepaway campsite location in the Poconos.
- Housing = cabins w/10-14 cots, w/electricity and indoor plumbing.
- Access to hiking trails, basketball and tennis courts, canoes,
- Fishing (w/pa license), skate park. Pretty much just what you need to get away from it all - with other gals!
- Paddling toys = dragon boat, outrigger, canoes
- Dragon boat sessions = Friday = 2, Saturday=6, Sunday = 4
- website = http://www.njdragonboat.org/retreat
- Saturday (B/L/D) and Sunday (B/L) meals included.
- Saturday bonfire planned
- Limited cell service, no internet.
- Check in starts Friday at 3PM.
- "Check out" by 3PM Sunday.
- Friends welcome
- All paddling is optional.
- Other activities like (wall climbing, high/low rope scampering) accessible for $10-25/camper fee if we can secure the instructor. Info on fee-required activities available later.
WHAT TO BRING
- RSVP to retreat @ njdragonboat.org if you want to join us or if you or others may be interested.
- $50 deposit requested by June 1.
- This would be a great start on the season as paddlers would get in lots of reps in a short time. And we can always use a little local getaway once in a while! Will develop a program of other activities centered around interests of the 15 who signup.