Researcher & Educationalist
Areas of Interests: (1) NLP, (2) IR&IE, (3) Data Mining, (4) Machine Learning, (5) Deep Learning
Mobile: 91+8585928474; 91+8142710442;
I obtained my PhD, (CSE) from IIIT-Hyderabad, under the guidance of Dr. Kannan Srinathan and Dr. Vasudeva Varma.
PhD Thesis Title: Towards Intelligent Text Mining: Under Limited Linguistic Resources.
The thesis can be downloaded from: http://web2py.iiit.ac.in/research_centres/publications/view_publication/phdthesis/45
Senior Machine Learning Scientist at Phenom People (Hyderabad, India). Dec-2016 to Now
Post Doctoral Researcher at University of California (Davis). Sep-2015 to Sep-2016
Research Professional, TCS Innovation Lab, New Delhi. May 2013 to Aug-2015
Research Intern; IBM IRL; Bangalore, India. May 2012 – July 2012
- BEST PAPER AWARD (1st place) @ CICLING-2014 - Details: "Niraj Kumar; "A Graph Based Automatic Plagiarism Detection Technique to Handle The Artificial Word Reordering and Paraphrasing", A. Gelbukh (Ed.): CICLing 2014, LNCS 8404, pp. 481–494, 2014. (LINK)
- IN TOP SYSTEM @ TAC-2011: My system was in Top system for "Automatic Summarization Evaluation Task" at Text Analysis Conference (TAC 2011), organized by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA TAC-2011. (For details, see My Publications)
- IN TOP SYSTEM @ TAC-2010: My system was in Top system for "Automatic Summarization Evaluation Task" at Text Analysis Conference (TAC 2010), organized by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA TAC-2010. (For details, see My Publications).
- Other Recognition: Our Unsupervised Phrase Identification technique for
Keyphrase Extraction, has been appreciated by the survey paper published in
COLING-2010, Titled: "Conundrums in Unsupervised Keyphrase Extraction:
Making Sense of the State-of-the-Art"
At the current time, I am running a YouTube channel “Be Expert in Minutes”. It freely provides high-quality video tutorials on topics related to "Text Mining", "Graph Algorithms", "Machine Learning", and Deep Learning" etc. I prepare these tutorials on my free time (weekend).
My YouTube channel “Be Expert in Minutes” is highly appreciated by the people from technical, research & academic backgrounds for the good quality technical contents. It has successfully attracted a good volume of social media traffic and continually growing. (According to the Google Analytics report, till date (starting from March-End 2016 to Jan 15th 2017), My YouTube video Channel "Be Expert in Minutes" has crossed the count of 23500+ views with more than 90000+ minutes of watching time from 94 countries.)
Niraj Kumar, Kannan Srinathan and Vasudeva Varma; "Unsupervised Deep Semantic and Logical Analysis for Identification of Solution Posts from Community Answers"; accepted for publication in "Int. J. of Information and Decision Sciences", Journal Paper).
Niraj Kumar, Kannan Srinathan and Vasudeva Varma; "A Graph based Unsupervised N-gram Filtration Technique for Automatic Keyphrase Extraction"; accepted for publication in "Int. J. of Data Mining, Modelling and Management" (Journal Paper).
Other Research Activity
Program committee member - ICON-2016, ICON-2013
1. PhD in Computer Science & Engineering. (2015)
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Kannan Srinathan and
Co-Advisor: Dr. Vasudeva Varma
2. MCA (Jan 2002 - June 2004)
Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi.
3. BCA (Jan 1999 – Jan 2002)
Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi
Blogs, Sharings and Resume: