- Algorithm: If I have a set, is there an algorithm for dividing up the members between a variable number of containers (each holding a certain number of objects)? This isn't just an m-choose-n problem.
- Hardware: Bonjour lightweight C implementation for use on embedded device.
- Finance: New analysis for investment decisions! I have a lot of the Twitter + News infrastructure in place but I need to figure out a better way to do the actual analysis and data storage? Maybe K-Means or some other online learning?
- Algorithm: Generating crossword puzzles- see if I can find my notes from 2009 and frame the problem properly. It was really cool if I'm remembering right.
- Algorithm: Rapleaf challenge- startup had some cool puzzles with repeating numbers a few years ago. When I have time mess with it again and see if I can't figure it out. Code
Stuff To Work on Post-Graduation
- Beers with Prescott (and see if he improved the Mallet example I sent him)
- Bonjour hardware and smartphone software
- Build the hardware prototype - Cameron finished it I think
- Get the bonjour firmware on the prototype - See links above
- Write a little console script to interact with the bonjour device
- Write iphone code to interact with the device
- Write the full iphone software to install and interact with the device
- Set up the remote interaction server + remote mode on iphone + device
- Twitter disease tracker full implementation (much lower priority than bonjour/phone stuff)
- Don't use RDF, or at least come up with a better ontology
- Figure out a nice compact way to store historical data so trends can be tracked
- Figure out a web ui that won't take me a month to build!!!!
- Figure out how to interact with the new Twitter API- my code uses the stuff from early 2009 or 2010
- Triathlon ranking system (lowest priority)
- Already have code + db schema, but there has to be simpler more reusable way to do it. This is what happens when I haven't done database stuff seriously in a year + just do embedded and machine learning :(
- Track people's performance, identify people improving a lot, identify common competitors and courses you'd do well on
- Example of programmatic interaction with Mallet
- Example of programmatic interaction with Stanford Parser
- BioNLP 2011 System - Extract protein interactions from free text. The system processes text data and then classifies protein interactions. Once I meet my deadline I'll update the svn repository (can't do now because the project structure has changed and I don't have time to fix it) and put the svn link here instead. I'll also post up a link to my results/paper when it's in.
- Twitter disease tracker- uses an RDF ontology and searches Twitter for ontology elements. Would have been really cool with a good UI but I got bogged down in other projects. Would be helpful if I could figure out where the code is though.
- Bonjour client and server programs to simulate configuration of hardware with iPhone or OSX app. The server broadcasts it's presence with Bonjour/Zeroconf and the client finds the Bonjour info and uses that to get a socket address, establish a connection and send/receive data
- Client (Perl)
- Server (Python)
- Next steps
- Get the Arduino/Bonjour code working on the Arudino so I can see it as a Bonjour device
- Code up the Arduino to behave like the Python server script and see if the client will talk to it