DESCRIPTION:Everyone has a voice which is why we want to hear from you and anyone else that has a passion for mathematics. NHTM could not reach its monumental milestone without its members. Because of you, we have been able to accomplish so much as an organization. Therefore, we find it important that all of its members are apart of the 50th celebration. That is why, over the course of the next year, we encourage people to submit their own three words that describe what mathematics education or NHTM means to them.
- Find a camera that will record your video
- Determine three different words that describe mathematics education or what NHTM means to you
- Write those three words on some type of surface. (paper, whiteboard, objects, chalkboard, etc)
- Determine how you will demonstrate those three words. (we love creativity and excitement)
- Record yourself with these three words either alone or with a group of people (this video clip should not be very long)
- Send the video clip to email@example.com as a quicktime video by January 31st, 2013.
- ** More in-depth instructions have been provided below in a slideshow format. A PDF of these instructions can also be found at the bottom of this page. **
THINGS TO KNOW:
- No official production or skill is required.
- You can film alone or with people (Encouraged)
- We will have a 3 Words Project set up at formal NHTM gatherings until January 31st, if you do not wish to send in a video clip but still want to participate.
- We encourage teachers to get their classes involved. Please keep in mind that parents must give consent for their son/daughter to appear in the NHTM 3 Words Project Video. ** STUDENT PERMISSION FORM is attached at the bottom of this page. Feel free to download and print copies for your students so that they can participate! **
- We encourage creativity and excitement. (Really showcase what mathematics means to you)
WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS PROJECT?
- The NHTM 3 Words Project video will be viewed at the kick off session at NHTM's 50th Spring Conference (April 2013).
- NHTM also has the right to use this video at its own discretion and will keep the video in its archives.
NEED A VISUAL?
- Below is an example of what we are envisioning. This YouTube video is from Good Morning America on a segment they gave back in November 2010.