NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 v1.4 [20.Feb.2012] NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.3-CM9 V1.4
NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 V1.4 is a CM9 Remix ROM based on samuaz's MeDroidMOD Remix version.
- Include Android 4.0.3 CM9. (All current CM9 works, Enhanced Power Menu, Power Notification Widget, Trebuchet Launcher, T9 Dialer, etc.)
- Include tytung's 184.108.40.206 ICS kernel r1.
- Include tytung's ICS ramdisk (initrd.gz).
- Include the required proprietary binary files and the HD2-specific files from my AOSP GB ROM (i.e. NexusHD2-Gingerbread).
- Credits: tytung, samuaz, texasice, firesnatch, ankuch, rapmv78, romanbb, marco.palumbi, the CM and Evervolv teams, etc.
You can find the SD version
in the SD thread.Screenshots for v1.1:
- All Android 4.0.3 features (Multi-Languages)
- CM9 WIP - available features are as follows:
- Enhanced Power Menu w/ Reboot and Screenshot options, etc.
- Power Notification Widget
- Trebuchet Launcher
- T9 Dialer
- Keep app back button in Developer options
- Root, busybox, zipalign, init.d scripts, etc.
- AdFree hosts file
- HSDPA icon
- Facebook contact sync
- Unicode support for SMS/MMS
- Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi
- MeDroidMOD features
Please read the NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 Q&A wiki before asking any questions. (Thanks Geenyous, Szczepanik, TheManii, etc. for editing these Q&A to avoid the repeated questions.)
Please visit the NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 A2SD Discussion thread for how to increase the internal storage size, and post all the a2sd questions in this thread. Thanks.
- Please use at least 165MB system partition and at least 2MB cache partition.
- Please refer to ksubedi's HD2 NAND Toolkit and/or mskip's guide.
- Cache partition (/dev/block/mtdblock4) is only used by CWM.
- Cache partition size is not important because the data partition (/dev/block/mtdblock5) is used as the cache space when running Android.
- If your HD2 has bad NAND blocks, you may need larger partitions.
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset while doing a fresh install. (Optional: also delete /sdcard/Android folder or format your SD card if you have any strange issue.)
- Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache while upgrading from an old version and wanting to retain data.
- Flash this ROM.
- MAGLDR: Flash NexusHD2-ICS-CM9_V1.4.zip, then reboot.
- cLK : Flash NexusHD2-ICS-CM9_V1.4.zip and the cLK kernel, then reboot.
- Enable/Disable the stock size of the virtual soft keys (i.e. the on-screen virtual button):
- About the mobile data connection types: RMNET V.S. PPP.
- Bootloader MAGLDR supports both RMNET and PPP. I set RMNET as default for MAGLDR ROM because stock Android only supports RMNET.
- Bootloader cLK only supports PPP.
- RMNET is more stable than PPP. (Some PPP users have data drop issues.) However PPP may be faster for some users.
- Flash RMNET_to_PPP_update.zip if you prefer PPP on MAGLDR.
- Flash Battery Percentage Mod if required.
- Flash ICS Softkeys Mod (smaller size of the virtual soft keys) if required.
- Data: 3G/HSDPA
- Wi-Fi (Support IEEE 802.1x/EAP authentication and Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi.)
- All sensors
- Wired earphone/headphone
- Data usage
- Hardware Acceleration (Hacked)
- Software video codecs
- WiFi signal strength icon
- USB Mass Storage
- Camera (Please visit rapmv78's thread for more info.)
- WiFi Tethering (Native "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" feature works well. You can also install wireless_tether_2_0_7.apk for more features.)
- Flashlight (Install TeslaLED Flashlight.)
- FM Radio (Install Spirit FM, check settings -> audio -> qsd8250, and turn on BT before using Spirit FM.)
If you find any bug, please consider uploading a logcat to the website: http://logcat.miui.us/
The logcat will be color highlighted, so that it's more readable.
It's also more convenient to see a logcat directly in the browser instead of downloading a zip file of logcat from the attach file of this thread, decompressing it, reading it, and finally deleting it.