NCDA began at a New York based meeting in October 1912...(see "news and updates" section for more)
Browse this website to learn about becoming a member, member benefits, mission and purpose and how to connect with other Career Development professionals in New York State.
FEATURING NATIONAL CAREER &
- Professional development options without added cost of travel
- 12 hours of CEU contact hours per year
- Listen live or later to current month’s interviews at least twice a month
- Engage in lively discussions following presentation via the NYSCDA LinkedIn/Facebook platforms
- FREE to Members of NYSCDA
- Access to career development news covering New York state and national initiatives
- Chance to publish “best practices” share experiences, and knowledge with professionals across the state
- Promote career development practice, coaching services throughout the state of New York
- Opportunity to increase NYSCDA and members’ visibility across the state
NYSCDA is a state chapter of the National Career Development Association (NCDA), which falls under the umbrella of the American Counseling Association (ACA).
Our goal is to provide ongoing professional development, sharing of best practices and networking opportunities for Career Development professionals in New York state.
Meet the 2014-2016 Executive Board
Mission and Purpose
NYSCDA seeks to create partnerships among career development practitioners from business/industry, elementary/secondary schools, colleges, public and private agencies, and private practices, and to establish and improve the standards of professional service in the field of career development specifically in New York State as well as beyond.