HEA ORGANIZATION GUIDELINES and PURPOSE
God's truth and His principles are the foundation of all knowledge; children must not only be taught to believe as Christians, but also be taught to think as Christians; God's principles must be taught to children in a comprehensive manner on a daily basis; God's truth speaks to every academic discipline. God has delegated the authority and responsibility to teach and raise children to parents first. Parents can delegate their authority to teach and raise their children to someone else, but they cannot delegate their responsibility to teach their children to anyone else. God will hold parents responsible for what education their children receive (whether from teachers, books, projects, or peers.) HEA's purpose is to encourage and support parents and children and to uphold those delegated responsibilities as led by the Spirit of God in a loving, caring environment.
Any home schooling family, who is home schooling in accordance with HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense Association) guidelines, (home schooling at least 50% of the time and not enrolled as a full time student in a public, private or charter school), in agreement with the HEA statements of purpose, faith, and conduct, who signs the HEA membership form and pays membership fees, shall be considered a voting member of HEA. Any home school family must be a member of HEA to participate in any HEA sponsored activity. Presently, this list includes the following activities: PE, co-op classes, drama, choir, skating, competitive athletics, spelling bee,
field trips, library, PASS tests, newsletter, service projects, and graduation. Any exception must be presented to and approved by the HEA board prior to the commencement of the activity. If undesirable behavior is repeatedly exhibited and the parents cannot or
will not correct the problem, the HEA Board may prohibit the student and/or the family from participation in HEA activities. It is understood that continued violations may result in termination of HEA membership and privileges.
CODE OF CONDUCT (PLEASE READ TO AND DISCUSS WITH YOUR CHILDREN)
1. All adults and children are to show respect to other people and property at all HEA sponsored activities.
2. Parents (or other adult designated by the parent) are to take responsibility for their child(ren)'s behavior and whereabouts at all times.
3. Children are expected to honor any authority figure who corrects them for any inappropriate behavior.
4. Parental discipline should be administered in private.
5. Parents and children shall show respect and consideration to teachers with attentive eyes and ears.
6. Those actively participating in HEA functions will not be involved in any activity that would reflect poorly on the reputation of Christ or the testimony of HEA.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Bible to be the only fully inspired, infallible, inerrant and authoritative written Word of God. II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Gen. 1:1;John 0:30,37,38)
3. We believe in the full deity and full humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in is vicarious, substitutionary atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Is 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:35; Heb. 4:15, 7:25, 9:12; John 2:11, 11:25; Col. 1:14; Acts 1:11; Rev. 19:11,16)
4. We believe that the human race is fallen in Adam and that the salvation of lost and sinful man depends upon the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ and is made effectual by faith alone. Salvation is evidenced by repentance toward God, faith in Christ, and a growing desire to honor God by obeying His commandments.(Rom. 3:19,23;John 3:16, 3:19, 4:24;Eph. 2:8&9;Titus 3:5&6)
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling and filling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Eph. 5:18, 4:30;I Cor. 3:16, 6:19&20)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they who are saved unto the resurrection of life and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28,29)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that all disciples are called to attend, worship and serve Him in a local congregation or fellowship that is part of His Body, the Church. (Rom. 8:9; I Cor. 12:12&13; Gal. 3:26,28)
8. We believe that man was created in the image of God and that, from the moment of conception, has the right to live that life to the glory of God. (Gen. 1:26, 1:28, 5:12; Psalm 139:13-18)