Patton Attendance & Security
Consistent school attendance is an essential part of your child's academic success and
is an expectation of all Patton Elementary School students.
- Only documented illnesses are considered excused absences. Trips and vacations scheduled during school days are unexcused absences.
- When returning to school after an absence, a student must bring a note to the front office, signed by the parent that describes the reason for the absence. Students are expected to provide written documentation for each absence within two school days after the student returns to school.
- An electronic phone message will be sent to the primary contact of any student who is marked with an unexcused absence. On the third unexcused absence within a four-week period, the district's central office generates a letter that is mailed home to the parent or guardian of the student. After the tenth unexcused absence, it is the legal responsibility of the school to file truancy charges against the parent or guardian of the child with the Travis County Justice of the Peace. The consequences of this truancy charge can include a fine of up to $500.00 for each offense.
- Please e-mail your child's teacher when you know they will be absent. If you include our Attendance Specialist, Monica Alvizo at email@example.com with your student's name as well as the date and reason for absence, then the note will be submitted.
- At Patton, classes begin at 7:30 am. If your child is not in their classroom by 7:45 am they will receive a tardy. If arriving after 8:00 am, you and your child must come to the office to sign in and obtain a tardy permit.
- Any child who is checked out before 2:30 pm will also receive a tardy.
- A tardy can only be excused with a note from a medical professional.
- All Patton doors will remain locked during school hours. To enter, please go to the main door and press the doorbell.
- Note: entryways to Patton have camera surveillance and are monitored by the Patton Office staff.
- Patton policy states that all visitors must have their identification scanned into our security system and wear the official name badge while on campus.
- When you sign in to the office to enter Patton, you will be asked to present an identification card, such as a driver’s license. We will scan this identification in order to create a badge for you to wear. This badge will display your picture. On future visits to Patton, you will be able to sign yourself in and out in the computer on the front office counter and print your own badge.
- Please be sure to return to the office to check out.
- Any adult on campus without a security badge will be asked to go to the office. If you have any questions about Patton Security, please contact Mrs. Price