Certificate in Emerging Technologies and Practices in Online Teaching
Earn your Certificate by participating in four in-depth discussions on NCLC faculty-led presentations.
New Century Learning Consortium is pleased to announce the launch of the second series of presentations as part of our annual certificate program. The certificate program is an opportunity for faculty to enhance their teaching skills and expertise through participation in monthly workshops offered by NCLC member institutions.
Earning your 2010-2011 certificate is as easy as 1, 2, 3
When are the NCLC Faculty Presentations held?
- Sign up for NCLC membership and attend FOUR (4) Faculty Forum workshops offered between September 2010 and April 2011. See upcoming events. Not able to make the live session? View the recorded sessions for this certificate year. All submissions for the 2010-2011 certificate must be submitted between September 2010 and May 2011.
- Reflect and share. After each workshop, reflect on the topic and its relevance to your teaching and online program. The discussion forums are labeled 2010-2011. Post your thoughts in the related discussion area in the NCLC Ning site.
- Fill out a short survey after you have attended and posted reflections on all FOUR (4) workshops. Your certificate will be emailed you!
Presentations are held on the Second Thursday of the month from 2-3 p.m. EST in September, October, November, February, March, and April. Sessions are presented through Elluminate. Register online at http://nclc-online.ning.com/events or contact your campus’ NCLC coordinator. See the schedule of events.How can I become a NCLC Faculty Presenter?
If you have experience or knowledge in the use of a particular online tool, instructional strategy, or insight into how to improve the online learning environment, we encourage you to share your expertise as a presenter.
Please contact your NCLC Faculty Development Representative at your institution.
- Southern Oregon University - Jennifer McVay-Dyche
- University of Southern Maine - Anne Marie Johnson
- Oakland University Uni - Nic Bongers
- Louisiana Tech University - David Cargill
- Chicago State University - Mike Sukowski
- California State University East Bay - Nan Chico
- Empire State College (SUNY) - Tom Mackey
- University of Illinois Springfield - Emily Boles
- Hampton University -
- University of Minnesota Crookston - Steve Hannah
- Sam Houston State University -
Contact Nic Bongers at email@example.com if you have questions or would like more information.