"ST KITTS-NEVIS" AMATEUR ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION 2008 CARIFTA STANDARDS
2008 Carifta Qualifying Standards (A - automatic qualification / B - provisional qualification)
* Performances must be achieved between 1st March 2007 to 28th February, 2008.
* All performances must be achieved during competitions organized or sanctioned by the IAAF its Area Associations and its National Federations. Thus results achieved at club, university or school competitions must be certified by the SKNAAA, and by the National Federation of the country in which the competition was organised.
* Wind assisted performances will not be accepted.
* Hand-timed performances in the 100m, 200m, 400m and 110/100 hurdles and 4x100m will not be accepted.
* To be eligible, athletes must participate in a minimum of three (3) SKNAAA Development Meets, the TDC/Coca Cola Interschool Championships and the National Junior Championships or must have received an exemption from the SKNAAA Executive Body.
* Qualified athletes must also demonstrate and maintain a level of fitness that will be required of them to participate at this level of competition.
* A maximum of two (2) qualified athletes per event can be selected to which both athletes must be "A" qualifiers. If an athlete is qualified in an event with a "B" standard performance and another athlete qualified in the same event but with an "A" Standard performance, then only the athlete with "A" Standard performance will be selected.
* SKNAAA Executive, through its Selection Committee, reserves the right to determine the final team size and participants.