Channels are primarily created so that you can effectively track the performance of Google's AdSense ads on your site(s). Channels give you a wide ranging flexibility to discover what is working best, and where. URL channels can tell you which sections of your site(s) are doing well, which pages, which sub-domains, which domains. Custom channels can tell you which ad format, which color, which placement are doing the best.
Generate Channel Reports
Log into your AdSense account.
- Click on the "Advanced Reports" tab.
- Select the Google product you are tracking: either AdSense for Content or AdSense for Search
- Then from the drop-down selection box, choose the date range you are interested in.
Under "Show", click the radio box for "Channel Data". As soon as you do that, a box will appear beneath it showing you all your available URL and custom channels.
- Tick the check boxes against the channels you would like have a report on.
You can use the "Find Channels" search box to easily find a group of channels; especially if you have used a consistent naming convention as suggested in Tips for Custom Channels
- Decide how you want to group the channel data: next to "Group by", you can choose to group by "date, channel, or both".
Date radio button for a day-by-day report.
Channels radio button for an aggregated report (over your selected date range) for your selected channels. This is useful for comparison among different channels.
Both radio button for a comprehensive comparison across channels on a day-by-day basis.
- When you are happy with your report parameters, click the "Display Report" button.
Save Report Template
If you are going to be generating the same report, using the same report parameters, then you can easily save the report using the "report template". To do this:
- After you have clicked the "Display Report" button and the report displays, review to ensure that it gives you the report view you are looking for.
- As soon as the report display, you will also see a new box "Save as Report Template". Just enter a report name that you can easily identify. Save.
Once it has been saved, you can access the report via:
AdSense > Reports > Advanced Reports > drop-down menu
AdSense > Reports > Overview > Quick Reports
Note: your saved report template can easily be deleted - On the Overview page, click the "Edit list".