- Target Ranges - Chickens 20 yds, Pigs 30 yds, Turkeys 36 yds
and Rams 45 yds.
- All Shots to be taken STANDING.
- Slings or other means of support [which are not part of the
original rifle] are NOT allowed. The butt of the gun to remain outside
all clothing at all times. Standard underarm butt hooks are permitted.
Gloves of any type ARE allowed throughout the Winter League.
- Only shoot at the targets in your allocated lane.
- All targets are shot LEFT to RIGHT.
- Any targets shot out of order do not count. i.e. if no.2 target
is hit instead of no.1 then you lose no.1 as you missed it and you
cannot shoot no.2 as it is already down, so you must go on to target
no.3. If target no.1 is hit instead of no.2 then you just lose no.2.
- In the event of two or more targets falling from 1 shot - tell
your marshal and then on completing the rest of the bank either
shoot at designated targets if sufficient remain standing or your
marshal will reset the bank so that you can complete your five shots.
- At the start of each bank of five targets you will get a fifteen
second period in which to load your rifle. This will be signified
by the Range Marshal calling 'LOAD', you must not load your rifle
- When the Range Marshal calls 'COMMENCE FIRING' you have two
and a half minutes in which to take your 5 shots. The end of this
period is signified by the command 'CEASE FIRING'.
- Between each bank you will get a one-minute rest period.
- After shooting the bank in front of you the required number
of times i.e. once, twice, etc. depending on the total number of
shots in the competition you will then proceed to the next bank
on your right.
- All shots are to be taken standing
- The targets should be lollipop style, any shape silhouette is
permitted but the faceplate must not exceed 5" by 3".
- One or two hand extended arm grip must be used.
- Open sights, pistol scopes or red dot sights are allowed.
- All pistols must comply with the legal power limit in force
at the time of the event.