Sign up to make snacks for a meetingIn order to be an active member, you will need to help Kayla make snacks before a meeting once per school year. You will meet at 6pm in the ground floor Schaub kitchen. In order to sign up to serve as a Snack Chef for a meeting, sign up on the google doc that is attached at the bottom of this page or email Kayla at email@example.com. Check out the Google Doc sign-up sheet to see which dates are available.
From Our Kitchen to Yours:
- 8 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, toasted and sliced
Directions: In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Mix in the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Serve on toasted bread slices.
- 1 small can of pumpkin
- 1 container of cool whip
- 3 packages of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 oz. package of cream cheese
Directions: mix all ingredients together and enjoy!
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips:
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 kiwis (peeled)
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- flour tortillas
- butter spray or oil
Preheat oven to 350o F
Cut the tortillas into pieces (like a pizza)
Bake the tortillas for 8-10 minutes
Spray, then sprinkle with cinnamon
Peel and dice apples, strawberries and kiwis into tiny pieces
Mix apricot jam, juice and brown sugar in separate bowl
Pour apricot mixture onto diced fruit and stir
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup light mayo
- 10 oz. frozen spinach (packaged in cardboard box- thaw & squeeze out water)
- 8 oz. water chestnuts (finely chop)
- 1 packet Knorr brand veggie dry soup mix
Mix everything together in a bowl and serve with chips, veggies, Hawaiian bread, etc.
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mx
1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a jellyroll pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Pat crescent roll dough into a jellyroll pan. Let stand 5 minutes. Pierce with fork.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, let cool.
4. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, dill weed, and ranch dip mix. Spread this mixture on top of
the cooled crust. Arrange the onion, carrot, broccoli, and bell pepper on top of the creamed mixture. Cover and let chill. Once
chilled, cut it into squares and serve.
Chocolate Covered Fruit:
- Baker's microwavable dipping chocolate
- Fruit of your choice!
- *The number of dipping chocolate containers needed will vary based on how much fruit you have
- Wash, cut up, and prepare the desired fruit
- Follow the instructions on the microwavable dipping chocolate package about melting the chocolate
- Dip the pieces of fruit in the melted chocolate
- Place dipped fruit onto paper plates or parchment paper to cool and harden
- 1 pound kale
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups
- 3 1/2
teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/4 cups
- 1 egg
tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large
bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in
the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a
lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the
batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on
both sides and serve hot.
Acorn Squash Soup:
- 1 whole
white onion, chopped
- 1 bay
- 2 tbsp
- 1 1/2
quart veggie stock
- 1/2 cup
Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 2 tbsp
cranberry canned jelly
- 1 tsp
seeds for garnish
In a stockpot, cook the onion, bay leaf, garlic and celery in
some olive oil until garlic releases aroma.
Add the chopped acorn squash and then the veggie stock and
simmer. When the acorn squash is cooked, swirl in Dannon
Oikos plain Greek
nonfat yogurt and remove from the heat. Add the paprika to the soup.
When the squash is cooked thoroughly, purée the soup and pass
through a sieve so it is smooth. Stir in the cranberry jelly.
Garnish with the cilantro, pomegranate seeds, a squirt of lime
and add a dollop of Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt on
- Pastry for 9-inch pie crust
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Preheat oven
to 425°F. Line 9-inch pie plate with pie crust.
- Mix eggs,
brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, flour and salt in medium bowl until smooth.
Stir in pumpkin. Gradually add evaporated milk, mixing well. Pour into pie
- Bake 15
minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 40 minutes longer or until
knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm
or cold. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie
spice, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
These yummy snacks are made before every meeting in Schaub's own kitchen!
- Have a sweet tooth? Well, next time you consider ordering dessert at a restaurant or making a dessert, consider it sharing it with the people who are with you!
- Want to get your bang for your buck? Try purchasing frozen vegetables and fruits so that they will last a longer amount of time. Also, try purchasing a smaller portion of whatever you're getting. Don't be afraid to ask!
- Gotta have that soda? Try getting one and refill with water!