'Sausage and Black-Eyed Pea Hash'
8 oz diced turkey sausage
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup chopped fresh tomato
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow squash, cubed
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 (15 oz) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
2. Add celery, tomato, red pepper and squash; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add water, thyme, vinegar, Worcestershire, dijon mustard and peas. Simmer for 2 minutes or until peas are thoroughly heated. Remove pea mixture from pan; keep warm. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
4. Return pan to medium heat. Add oil and swirl to coat. Crack eggs into pan; cook 4 minutes or until whites are set. Remove from heat.
5. Place about 1 cup pea mixture onto each of 4 plates; top each serving with one egg. Sprinkle eggs evenly with pepper.