Long Bean Pork Rice
450g Pork belly (cut into bite size, marinate with 1tsp of salt)
50g dried shrimp (soaked, lightly chopped)
350g Long bean (cut into 2” in length)
100g shallots (slice)
5 cloves garlic (chopped)
4 cups Thai Fragrant rice (washed and drained)
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp dark soy sauce
A dash of white pepper powder
Salt to taste
- Heat some oil in a wok, saute shallot until crispy and golden brown, set aside.
- Use the remaining oil, add in pork belly, sauté till slightly brown.
- Add dried shrimp, stir fry till fragrant, then add chopped garlic and long bean, mix well.
- Add in rice and toss well, add in the seasonings.
- Remove the long bean rice and transfer to a rice cooker.
- Add water and cook the rice.
- Garnish long bean rice with fried shallots, serve hot.