Homemade Caramel Popcorn
300g Corn Kernels
6 tbsp corn oil
To pop corn kernels
- Pour corn oil into a wok/pan, coat entirely the wok.
- Heat oil over medium flame
- Add the corn kernels, stir fry to mix well till corn kernels start to expand and pop
- Cover the wok, slowly move the pan to keep the popcorn from burning in spots.
- When the popping slows down to the point that you don’t hear much pop, off the flame.
- Take off the lid, and pour popcorn into large bowl., remove unpopped kernels.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
To make caramel popcorn
- Add sugar in a clean wok/saucepan over medium flame, cook till melted and become syrup.
- Add in butter and water, keep stirring till become thick caramel (put a drop of caramel into a bowl of water and when it is not immediate dissolved , then the caramel is ready)
- Let the syrup cool slightly, then drizzle over the popcorn. Toss the popcorn carefully using spoons.
- Bake at preheated oven at 150c for 20-30mins, stir from time to time.
- Store popcorn in airtight containers.