Fried white radish cake
350g shredded white radish
- (cook shredded radish with water till soft, drained and discarded the water)
250g rice flour
20g tapioca flour
50g dried shrimps, soaked and chopped finely
1/2tsp chicken stock powder
1/2tsp white pepper powder
Extra rice flour for dusting
- Mix all seasonings with rice flour, tapioca flour and water by hand whisk till a watery batter.
- Heat oil in a wok, sauté chopped dried shrimps till fragrant.
- Add in cooked shredded white radish, mix well, pour in the watery batter.
- Cook mixture for two to three minutes over low heat, stirring all the time, until the mixture turns to a thick paste.
- Pour the paste into a greased cake tin. Smoothen the surface with a spatula. Place it in the steamer and steam over high heat for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cake and allow it to cool thoroughly before cutting into slices.
- Dusted rice flour over radish cake, shallow fry the radish cake slices till golden brown.
- Serve with chilli sauce.