Deep fried sweet and sour fish
800 fish meat, cut into cubes
1tbsp light soy sauce
1tsp sesame oil
A dash of white pepper powder
1 green capsicum, cut into wedges
1 yellow capsicum, cut into wedges
1 onion, cut into wedges
1 fresh tomato, cut into wedges
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
4 slices of young ginger
Sauce (combine in a bowl)
5tbsp tomato ketchup
1tbsp chilli sauce
1tbsp oyster sauce
½ tsp salt or to taste
¼ cup water (or adjust accordingly)
•1/2 tsp corn flour/tapioca flour, mixed with 1 tbsp water for thickening
1. Season fish meat with soy sauce, salt, sesame oil and set aside for 10mins.
2. Coat fish with corn starch/tapioca flour. Deep-fry in hot oil till cooked and crispy. Remove and place on a serving plate.
3. Heat up oil, saute garlic and gingers until fragrant.
4. Add yellow and green capsicums and tomato. Stir-fry briskly. Pour in sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
5. Add thickening, then add in fried fish and mix well.
6. Dish out and serve hot.