Cotton Cake 棉花蛋糕
*makes 2 x (3”x6”) Aluminium tin
40g cake flour
40g Evaporated milk
3 egg yolk (big size)
3 egg white (big size)
1tsp corn flour ( not in recipe, I added this)
- In a pot, melt butter over low flame or melt in microwave oven.
- Pour melted butter in a mixing bowl, sift in cake flour, stir well till a thick paste.
- Lightly beaten egg yolks using a hand whisk, slowly add in milk, mix well.
- Slowly pour egg yolk mixture (No3) into butter mixture (No2), whisk till well combine.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg white under high speed till foamy (about 1min).
- Gradually add in sugar, continue beat.
- Add in corn flour, beat till soft peak form.
- Take 1/3 of egg white mixture mix with egg yolk mixture (No4) using a hand whisk, stir till well combine.
- Gentle fold in the balance egg white using a spatula, combine well, but don’t over mix !!
- Spoon batter into cake pan, smooth the top of the batter, lightly tap cake pans on counter to bring air bubbles to top.
- Bake over waterbath at 170c for 8mins, reduce to 150c and bake another 20mins.
- Up side down (Invert) the cooked cake immediately on a wire rack until it's completely cool before remove the cake from cake pan.
My note: I have a microwave cum conventional oven, so I changed the temp. setting to 180c for 7min (upper rack), then follow by 160c for 20mins(upper rack), last increase to 180c for 5mins (lower rack) to brown the top. And I forgot to invert the cake, so the cake shrunk after cooled.