Classic chocolate cake
**for a 8” round cake tin
125g semi-sweet chocolate
3 tbsp milk
150g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Line the base of cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate and milk over simmering water, set aside
- Beat the butter until soft then add the sugar and continue beat till mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add egg one at a time, mix well.
- Add in melted chocolate, combine well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and soda, and fold in gently to mix
- Add in cocoa powder, slowly combine well. Pour cake mixture into cake tin.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 40mins or until a skewer come out clean.