Canned Sardine fish curry
1 large can sardine (425g), tomato sauce flavour
1 tomato, chopped
1 tbsp of chopped ginger, garlic and onion
3 sprigs of curry leaves
1 onion, sliced
2tbsp cooking oil
1/2tsp mixed mustard seeds
1/2tsp coriander seeds
1/2tsp cumin seeds
1tsp salt of taste
1tsp light soy sauce
1tbsp fish curry powder
1tsp red chilli powder
1tsp turmeric powder
- Remove sardines from can, retain the tomato sauce
- Pan fried sardines (without oil) in a non-stick pan, till both sides turned brown, set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add in ginger, garlic and onion paste and curry leaves, stir fry till fragrant.
- Add in mustard, coriander and cumin seeds, mix well.
- Add in the canned sardine’s tomato sauce and water, add in the seasonings.
- Once sauce boiled, add in the pan fried sardines, cook for 1min.
- Add in chopped tomato and onion slices, cook for another 1min.
- Dish out, serve hot with steam rice.