Braised soy sauce pork (Tau Yu Bah)
500g pork belly, whole piece
6 hard-boiled eggs
2 firm tofu
6 fried beancurd pork rolls, refer recipe here, optional
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
2 whole garlic, washed and with outer layer skins
1 litre water
3tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp salt or to taste
1. Heat oil in a wok, add in sugar and stir fry till sugar melted and turned brown.
2. Add in garlic, star anise, cloves and cinnamon, mix well.
3. Add in pork belly, slight fry both sides.
4. Add in water, and follow by the rest of hard-boiled eggs, firm tofu and fried beancurd pork rolls.
5. Add in the seasoning and cook over low flame for 1hour or until gravy become thicker.
6. Serve with rice and dip with chilli sauce.