I graduated from Nihon University, Chiba, Japan in 2010, and I received the M.E. degree from Tokyo Metropolitan University, Tokyo, Japan in 2012.
Since April 2016, I obtained my Ph.D. degree from Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, University of Malaya, Malaysia.
(Thesis title: Quantum-Inspired Associative Memories for Incorporating Emotion in a Humanoid pdf_7.2MB)
After obtaining my Ph.D., I worked as a postdoctoral research fellow from Aug. 2016 until Aug. 2017 at University of Malaya, Malaysia.
Currently I am an Assistant Professor in Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, Japan.
- Machine Learning
- Optimization (GA, PSO, etc.)
- Best Paper Award Finalist, "Robotic Emotional Model with Personality Factors based on Pleasant-Arousal Scaling Model,” IEEE The 24th International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN), 2015.
Grant and Fund
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society student travel grant, IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI), Beijing International Convention Center, Beijing, China, 2014, Amount: $ 400.
- Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers (MEXT, Japan, 2017)
Journal Review Experiences
- IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
- International Journal of Intelligent Robotics and Applications (JIRA)
Email: masuyama*cs.osakafu-u.ac.jp / naoki.masuyama17*gmail.com (please change * to @)
Address: Room E409, Building B4, 1-1 Gakuen-cho Naka-ku, Sakai-Shi, Osaka 599-8531, Japan