News and Updates
- Talk at the APS March meeting 2015:
- Brad Conrad: Atmospheric Effects on diF TESADT Thin-Film Transistors 1:15PM - 1:27PM on Wednesday 3/4/2015
- Paper is published!
- Disruption of Molecular Ordering over Several Layers near the Au/2,8-Difluoro-5,11-bis(triethylsilylethynyl) Anthradithiophene Interface Shawn M. Huston, Jiuyang Wang, Terry McAfee, Marsha Loth, John E. Anthony, Harald W. Ade, Brad R. Conrad, and Daniel B. Dougherty Crystal Growth and Design, http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/cg501621k
- Paper is published!
- Cyclopentadienyliron dicarbonyl dimer carbon nanotube synthesis Andrew M. Zeidell, Nathanael D. Cox, Shawn M. Huston, Jamie E. Rossi, Brian J. Landi and Brad R. Conrad Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B http://dx.doi.org/10.1116/1.4904743
- Cortney Bougher finishes her thesis, which is titled, "Doping Effects on Organic Interfaces" and graduates Spring 2014!
- Cortney Bougher selected for the NC Space Grant Graduate Research Fellowship Program for 2013!
- 03/2013: Record presence at the APS March meeting this year:
- Kyle Kelly: Nanoscale Thermal Analysis of Organic Solar Cells 4:06 PM–4:18 PM on Monday 3/18/13
- Eitan lees: Characterization of organic solar cell morphology 4:18 PM–4:30 PM on Monday 3/18/13
- Brad Conrad: Self-assembly of functionalized anthradithiophene on Au(111) 8:48 AM–9:00 AM on 3/19/13
- Shawn Huston: Scanning Tunneling Microscopy investigation of multilayer diF-TES-ADT on Au(111) 8:24 AM–8:36 AM on 3/19/13
- Cortney Bougher: Doping of Grain Boundaries in diF TESADT Transistors 8:12 AM–8:24 AM on 3/19/13
- Andrew Zeidell: Characterization of Carbon Nanotubes Synthesized Using Chemical Vapor Deposition 12:39 PM–12:51 PM on 3/19/13
- Paper Accepted for publication:
- Role of Fluorine Interactions in the Self-Assembly of a Functionalized Anthradithiophene Monolayer on Au(111) J. Wang, S. M. Huston, M. Loth, J. E. Anthony, B. R. Conrad, D. B. Dougherty, J. of Phys. Chem. C, 116 (40), 21465–21471 (2012) http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp307539q
- Solar tracker group did awesome:
- 11/2012: Cortney Bougher presents at the ACS NERM 2012 meeting:
- Dopant effects on grain boundaries in diF-TES-ADT thin film transistor devices
- 11/2012: Brad Conrad presents at the ACS NERM 2012 meeting:
- Role of fluorine interactions in the self-assembly of functionalized anthradithiophene on Au(111)
- 06/2012: Cortney Bougher, Eitan Lees, and Andrew Zeidell are in the lab this summer on NC Space Grants!
- 05/2012: Recently moved into our new lab space! Two hoods and sinks!
- Check out "Temperature-dependent nucleation and capture-zone scaling of C(60) on silicon oxide" on Surface Science at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.susc.2011.08.020
- 02/12: We'll be at the APS March Meeting (2012). We'll be presenting work done in conjunction with our awesome collaborators from U Kentucky (J. Anthony), Wake Forest (O. Jurchescu), and the University of Maryland (Fuhrer/Einstein).
- Check out "Effect of Acene Length on Electronic Properties in 5-, 6-, and 7-Ringed Heteroacenes" on Advanced Materials at http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201101619
- 11/2011: David Monroe and Cortney Bougher presented there recent work at SNCURS 2011.
- 08/2011: David Monroe and Cortney Bougher presented there recent work at the 2011 AppState Physics Research Day.
- 06/2011: David Monroe and Cortney Bougher both got NC Space Grant Research Scholarships!
- 03/2011: Cortney Bougher presented her work at 2011 APS March meeting and got an award for her talk!
- 10/2010: Cortney Bougher presented her recent AFM work at SNCURS 2010.
- 10/2010: Cortney Bougher presented her recent AFM work at AREMS 2010.
UHV Omicron VT-STM is moved, assembled, and under vacuum.
Dr. Conrad has been caught in the act!
Recent cool images
CNT growth in a new furnace.
Organic Solar Cell made at RIT by C. Collison.