Who We Are
- NAMI NYC Staten Island is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, founded in 1987. We provide support,
education, and advocacy on
behalf of families affected by mental illness and their loved ones-all
free of charge to the public. Our team is comprised of trained volunteers and respected clinicians who donate their time to further our common goals. NAMI NYC Staten Island is one of about 2000 local affiliates of NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), the nation's largest grassroots organization for people living with mental illness and their families and one of the 40 affiliates of NAMI New York State.
Our Current Work
- Family to Family (F2F): Educational program for families and caregivers of adults with mental illness
- NAMI Basics: Educational program for families and caregivers of children and adolescents with mental illness
- Peer to Peer: 10 week class run by individuals living in recovery
- Family Support Groups
- NAMI Connection: Peer run support for people actively dealing with mental illness
- In Our Own Voice (IOVV): People with mental illness integrate their stories into a professional program at hospitals, businesses, schools, and other community organizations
- Monthly Speaker Series
- Information Help Line: (718) 477-1700
- NPO Media Podcast An audio podcast produced by NAMI NYC Staten Island featuring individuals living with brain disorders who share their stories to let others know they are not alone.