1. On entering the dojo each student must bow. The same must be done when leaving.
2. The white karate gi must be kept clean and in good condition.
3. Fingernails and toenails must be kept short and clean.
Every effort must be made to be punctual. If a student arrives late,
they must kneel in front of the class until the instructor calls them
on, and then they must take their place quickly in the class.
5. If a student wants to leave the class, they must ask the instructor first.
6. No jewellery or rings must be worn in the class. If as student cannot remove a ring, then tape must be put around it.
7. No chewing, talking, smoking or any offensive behaviour in the dojo.
'Oous' is a word of respect and is used as an acknowledgment e.g. when
greeting somebody, when bowing to somebody for any form of karate
technique, also when called out to the front of the class by the
9. During any karate function i.e. training,
competitions or demonstrations, the student must always address the
instructor as 'Sensei', and must behave with dignity at all times.
In the event of the instructor arriving late, the senior of the class
must sign in and take the class, the senior being the longest serving
or highest grade, and as such demands the same respect as the Sensei.