As of the 2014 NAFAPA Symposium in Ann Arbor, Michigan, a fee-based membership was placed into effect for those interested in joining the NAFAPA organization. The primary rationale for implementing this membership was rooted
in the need to provide future symposia hosts with financial support. A secondary aim was to provide professionals and students interested in adapted physical activity with an enhanced means of networking.
How to become a member:
- Download and complete a membership application form
- Pay the membership fee by check, money order, or electronically through your bank (details below)
- Send a scanned or electronically completed copy of your membership form to: Heidi.Stanish@umb.edu or the physical copy to the mailing address: Heidi Stanish, Dept. of Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Boston, 100 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA, 02125.
- The membership fee is $100 biennially for
professionals and $25 biennially for students.
- The membership period goes from symposium to symposium regardless of when the membership is paid.
- An individual can pay the membership fee at any time during the year. For your convenience, it may be easier to remember to pay at the same time as registering for the biannual conference.
- There is a discounted fee of
$185 and $275 for extended memberships of two and three cycles respectively. Membership
fees will be based on U.S. dollars.
How to pay and where to send the member application:
- Members can pay by check, money order, or
electronically through their own banks. As NAFAPA is not able to cover fees associated with electronic transactions, it is
up to each member to handle the cost for electronic banking should his or her
bank offer this service.
- In order to electronically
pay the membership fee for NAFAPA, please use the following account information:
routing number: 221172186 account number: 650032552
- Please make checks payable to: NAFAPA
- If paying by check please send the check to: Heidi Stanish, Dept. of Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Boston, 100 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA, 02125.
- If paying by electronic transfer send a copy electronically to: Heidi.Stanish@umb.edu
- After paying the membership fee: Send a scanned or electronically completed copy of the membership application form to Heidi.Stanish@umb.edu. If you prefer to mail the application you can send the membership form to: Heidi Stanish, Dept. of Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Boston, 100 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA, 02125.
- Benefits will include reduced rates at
NAFAPA symposia, a subscription to the NAFAPA newsletter, and on-going access
to adapted physical activity related information such as career and scholarship