My Trade Logger is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet program designed to log and analyze stock trade data.
1. Microsoft Excel for Windows (It was written in Excel 2007, but older versions appear to work)
2. Enable Macros (give excel permission to enable macros)
3. Enable Data Connections to allow the Trade Logger to download stock quotes.
3. Fast Computer (dual core or better) recommended
1. MTL does NOT work with Open Office
2. MTL does NOT work on the Apple Platform
3. MTL does NOT log Options or Futures trades
4. MTL does NOT handle non-American date and currency formats
5. If you are using older versions of Excel (2003 or earlier), Excel may prompt you to download a file converter that will allow you to work with
workbooks created with the 2007 version.
Ver 1.0r (2/1/11): Initial Version
Ver 1.01r (2/6/11): Minor Update
Added- User specifies Wash Trade Limits
Added- current time and date on main page
Fixed- one minor formula bug in Trade Analysis Page
Ver. 1.1r (3/5/2011): Major Update
Add Simulate Page
Add Open Positions Page
Add Days in Trade Calculation
Add Comment Field, Hide Comment Column option, Change Comment Column Width option
Add Grade the Trade
Add Edit Commissions
Add Exclude Trade
Add Password Protect MTL
Change more decimal places visible on % Risk, % Equity in Play, etc
Ver 1.11r (3/7/2011): Bug Fix
Fixed Simulate Page - When running % Risk simulation will fail on trade where entry and stop price are equal
Changed - Widened Column for % Risk of Trade Log
My Trade Logger Spreadsheet:
Import File Template:
How To Upgrade:
1. With the existing/old MTL, use the Export function (in the Setup page) to export the trade data to another Excel workbook.
2. Save the existing MTL. Do not remove or delete the file yet.
3. Download the new version of MTL. Open the new version of MTL and use the IMPORT function (under Setup Page) to import the exported file in #1
4. Verify the trade data is valid. Delete older version if desired.
Main page: click image to enlarge
Equity Chart: click image to enlarge
Trade Analysis: Click image to enlarge
Chart Page: Click image to enlarge
Open Positions Page: Click Image to Enlarge
Simulate Page: Click Image to Enlarge
1. Trade Entry Box
2. Key Statistics displayed on the dashboard
3. Position Sizer
4. Trade Log