1. What is the geographical situation of Canada? Which is the capital and the largest city?
2. What are the origins of the name “Canada”?3. Who were the first inhabitants of “Canada” before the Europeans arrived?
4. Which was the reason of the Wars between the French and the Iroquois?
5. How many languages are official in Canada?
6. Why is Quebec the province where French is mostly spoken?
7. Why is Ontario so important? Where does the name Ontario come from? Which is the etymological root?
8. Mention at least 3 features which differenciate Toronto from Ottawa.
9. What is the CN Tower? What makes it remarkable? What is it used for? When was it built and who built it?
10. Why is the Torontonian motto “Diversity Our Strength”? Could it also be “Clean City, Beautiful City”? Why?
THE BIG QUESTION
What similarities and differences can you see between Canada and Catalonia? And between Toronto and Barcelona? (Regarding history, language, society, culture, architecture, etc.)