- 6-7 Green chillies , deseeded
- 5-6 Shallots or 1/2 Onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic , chopped
- 1/2 inch Galangal or Ginger
- 1 stick Lemon Grass ,lower portion only, chopped (or rind of 1 lemon)
- 3 Lemon leaves
- 1 cup Fresh Basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Dry roast coriander seeds and cumin seeds for 2 minutes till aromatic but not browned.
- Grind all the ingredients of the curry paste along with roasted seeds in mortar and pestle or a blender and grind to a fine paste using little water if required.
- This paste can be stored in a fridge for up to a week.
- Use to make Thai green curry .