- 350 grams Dry fish (I have used thate/shark)
- 1 cup Coconut
- 7 to 8 roasted Red chilllies
- 2 tsp roasted Coriander seeds
- 1/4tsp roasted Cumin seeds
- 15 roasted Peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp roasted Fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 5 cloves of Garlic (with peel)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- lemon size Tamarind
- 1 medium Onion- chopped
- 1 small Tomato - chopped(optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Soak the dry fish in hot water for 30 minutes to remove excess salt. Remove and cut to desired size.
- Grind coconut,red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, fenugreek seeds, garlic. tamarind and turmeric powder to a fine paste using water.
- Place a pan on medium heat,add oil when hot add chopped onion and fry till it turns dark brown. now add tomato which is optional and fry for 2 minutes. Add the ground paste and fry for few minutes till the raw smell disappears and oil leaves the sides of the masala. Now add the fish and enough water to get desired consistency (I used 1 cup). Add salt and bring the curry to a boil. take off the flame.
- Serve with rice ,preferably with brown rice (roasematta)
©Cherie's Stolen Recipes