- 3 cups rice
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1/2 cup beaten rice (the harder one)
- 2 tsp fenugreek seeds or 1/2 tsp roasted fenugreek powder (put this to the batter)
- 5 tbsp semolina
- 2 tbsp maize flour
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- salt to taste
- potato bhajji
- Wash and soak rice and fenugreek seeds in water,in another vessel soak urad dal for 3 hours or more.
- Grind the urad dal using little water into a smooth and thick paste,pour the batter into a big vessel.
- Grind rice along with fenugreek seeds to a coarse paste.Combine the urad dal batter and the rice batter and mix well,Beat with your hand,till fluffy.
- Cover and place the vessel in a warm place and let it ferment overnight.
- Before making the dosa add water to the batter if its too thick,adjust consistency.
- Add semolina,maize flour,wheat flour and salt and mix.
- Now pour a big ladle of batter onto a hot tawa (see video)
- Spread some oil or ghee,place potato bhajji on the dosa and fold.
- Serve with chutney or sambhar.