1. Place a flame on medium flame,add oil, when hot add poppy seeds, cinnamon,cloves stir for few seconds, add 1 finely sliced onion, turmeric and 4 garlic cloves and fry till the onions are soft.
2. Now add red chillies,coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorn, fenugreek seeds, tamarind and fry for a minute.let this cool down before grinding.
3.Grind the above to a fine paste using water.
4. In a deep vessel add the clean chicken ,add 3 /4 th of the ground masala to the chicken,1 finely chopped onion and salt and mix well.cover and cook.
5.Meanwhile roast coconut with 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and 4 cloves garlic for 2 minutes.
6. Grind the above coconut with remaining ground masala for few seconds (the coconut should be coarse)
7.When the chicken is cooked add the ground coconut to the cooked chicken and mix well, add water if you want gravy.Cover and cook for 5 minutes and add seasoning
8. In a pan heat ghee ,when hot add onion and cinnamon and fry till onion turns dark brown.Add this seasoning on the chicken sukka.
9.Take off the flame and serve.