- 100 g Maize Flour
- 50 g All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes (optional)
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- Combine maize flour, all purpose flour, salt, chilli flakes and oil in a mixing bowl.Add enough hot water to make a dough.Knead well. Cover and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a big lemon size dough and roll out using flour for dusting to a circle. I used a puri/tortilla press to flatten the dough.
- Place a flat pan on medium heat and cook the flattened corn tortilla for few seconds on each side and keep it aside.Continue the same with rest of the dough.
- Prick the half cooked corn tortilla with a fork(this to to prevent the corn chips from puffing up while frying).Using a knife or pizza cutter,cut the corn tortillas into wedges or desired shape.
- Heat oil on medium high heat, deep fry the wedges till brown and crisp. Remove from oil and place on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve the corn chips with salsa, sour cream, avocado dip ......