- 190g Unsalted Butter (softened and extra for greasing)
- 130g Plain Flour, extra for dusting
- 190g soft Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 60g Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 20ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Coffee powder or decoction(brewed coffee)
- Preheat oven at 170 degree C.Grease loaf pan with butter and dust with flour.
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar till light, fluffy and pale. Break in one egg at a time and beat till well combined.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and keep aside. In a small glass combine brewed coffee and milk and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the cake batter in two batches alternating with the coffee and milk mixture. Beat on low speed till till combined. Once all the ingredients are incorporated, increase speed to high and beat till you get a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven till the sponge is firm and when inserted with toothpick in middle of the loaf comes out clean.According to the original recipe it takes 60 minutes to bake the loaf but mine took 45 minutes.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the loaf tin for a while before turning it out on to a cooling rack and cool completely.