6 eggs (300grms)does not have to be exact
150 grms powdered sugar
3 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
Filling and topping
500 ml whipping cream
5 tbsp icing sugar
1 tin canned cherries(pitted and chopped ,reserve few cherries for decoration)
1 cup syrup (from canned cherries)
Juice of 1 lime
chocolate shavings for decoration
1. Pre heat the oven at 180 degree C .
2. Grease a 9inch cake tin,I have used spring form tin.Keep this aside.
3. Sift flour,baking powder,salt and cornflour three times and keep aside till further use.
4.Beat eggs and sugar with an electric beater.
5. Beat till it turns pale yellow in color and thick ribbon falls and holds in place for few seconds(I beat for little more that 10 to 12 minutes).
6. Add vanilla essence and beat again for few minutes.
7.Now mix in the flour mixture,fold gently to avoid the air from escaping.
8.Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or till done.
9.Remove from the oven and let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.
10. Cut the cake horizontally into desired layers.
How to assemble